Episode 19 – Interview with Kevin Ward: Going Through Crisis in Leadership
Today we are excited to bring you Episode 19 of the podcast. In this episode, Rodney has a powerful conversation with Kevin Ward of Connect Community Church in Pasadena, Texas. During the conversation, Kevin mentioned five things you need to do to help when you are going through a crisis as a leader.
1. Remember that just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
2. Develop a network and build relationships before you need them.
3. Recognize the way that you are wired and don’t be afraid to ask why is this happening to me.
4. Seek professional help if you need it.
5. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable after your crisis.
Rodney and Kevin both mentioned a handful of books. Here are those books and their authors:
- Next Generation Leader by Andy Stanley
- Leading on Empty by Wayne Cordeiro
- Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero
If you’d like to follow Kevin more closely you can do so on social media by going to…
Twitter – @lkevward
Facebook – /lkevward
Instagram – @lkevward